I was contacted by Becca Bell from Region 12 about the following statements. There seems to have been an error in the original article from Region 12. Ms. Bell asked that the article URL be added and the incorrect quote be removed. This information is listed at the bottom of this page.
CSCOPE directors have not used CSCOPE in a classroom. Thus, they do not know how it works from first hand experience. It would be a good idea for them to demonstrate this for educators. The educator could be the walk-through monitor.
Following are Quotes from Becca Bell from Region 12.
1. Becca says, “CSCOPE allows teachers to work smarter, not harder.”
2. Becca says, “The teachers no longer have to focus on writing curriculum and instead can focus on designing instruction to meet the needs of their students. They also have the option to use sample lesson plans as a model of instruction or to combine with other resources.”
Following are characteristics of CSCOPE presented by Region 12.
Please read these and add comments. In other words, are the descriptions of the CSCOPE product being made by the vendor accurate?
1. CSCOPE provides guidance through a comprehensive schedule called the Year at a Glance. This document shows the materials students are required to learn throughout the year to reach the readiness standard.
2. Becca says, “Because CSCOPE curriculum is aligned with the state learning standards (TEKS), it assists in preparing students for the concepts that will be covered on the State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR) test for their grade level by providing their teachers with an organized method in which to cover each of those concepts.”
3. Successful and smooth implementation of CSCOPE is vital to a district or school’s ability to use the program successfully. In order to ensure that implementation occurs smoothly, ESC Region 12 continually offers leadership training for administrators, and shares tips and best practices with educators through ongoing meetings and trainings, including the regional conference.
4. CSCOPE includes assessments integrated in the system to determine whether students have mastered the material teachers have covered, so they can either move forward in instruction or focus on the material with which students are still struggling.