Are your superintendents, principals, and teachers lying to you about CSCOPE?
If you are being told that CSCOPE has rigor and is aligned with the TEKS, thus is preparing your children for the state STAAR tests, they are misrepresenting the facts.
1. CSCOPE lists TEKS –State Education Standards, thus claims to be aligned with the state standards. Listing the TEKS does not qualify CSCOPE as being aligned with the state standards.
2. CSCOPE’s specificities are in some cases providing false religious information. CSCOPE is proselytizing the Islamic religion. For example, following are two of the state standards for high school world history, WW.1b and WW 23A. Allah being Yahweh (100% false) is added by CSCOPE.
WH.1B Identify major causes and describe the major effects of the following events from 500 BC to AD 600: the development of the classical civilizations of Greece, Rome, Persia, India (Maurya and Gupta), China (Zhou, Qin, and Han), and the development of major world religions.
• Allah – monotheistic deity; also recognized as the God of Abraham (Yahweh)
WH.23A Describe the historical origins, central ideas, and spread of major religious and philosophical traditions, including Buddhism, Christianity, Confucianism, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism, Sikhism, and the development of monotheism. Readiness Standard
• Abrahamic religions (Judaism, Christianity, Islam) – one supreme God; also referenced as Yahweh or Allah
3. About CSCOPE having rigor—high school students are transposing information= word-for-word from one paper to another. See the diagram below for an example. This is a good example of CSCOPE rigor. Most of the Rigor in CSCOPE is making organizers–a paper with a center topic and boxes around it. Like the one shown below. WOW! The rigor is just staying awake. Hopefully students were day dreaming as they transferred the information about the Islamic Pillars of Faith from one paper to the other.
PUBLIC SCHOOLS ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO BE TRAINING STUDENTS IN THE ISLAMIC RELIGION.
The previous TEKS and the Incorrect CSCOPE information is Presently being presented to your children–Dec. 2012
Following is a lesson that was part of the CSCOPE online lessons for two school years, 2010-2011 and 2011-2012. This lesson has been removed from the CSCOPE website, but like any CSCOPE material, lessons can be removed, revised, replaced at any time. In fact, a CSCOPE lesson that had students reading an online article about Christianity being a cult was revised when it was made public. The offensive part was tweaked and the new lesson was presented to the Irving ISD school board to prove that the claim about the lesson was not true. OOPS! Teachers have copies of the original lesson. The before and after lessons will be coming soon.
This is what students taking World History for the past two years were taught.
WAS this on the parent portal? I think not.